The Ariege department is a paradise for tourism and has many trails for hikers, young and old, lovers of nature.
Many outdoor activities are practiced, canoeing, canyoning, climbing, paragliding, ski ...
Many cyclists enjoy this region for road racing, mountain passes, or bike trails, but also a lot of fishermen come here for the quality and diversity of rivers and lakes.
The Ariege department has also a rich historical heritage (Mirepoix country, Montsegur castle, castle of Foix, city of Saint-Lizier) and prehistoric caves (Niaux and Mas d'Azil...).
On the road of Cathar castles, The "Domaine du Hameau Baylesse" is also located :
- 10 min from the village of "BÃ©lesta" and its magnificent forests, or "Montbel" lake (swimming, sailing and fishing).
- 15 min from the famous "Montsegur" castle, or the small medieval city of "Mirepoix".
- 30 min from the ski resort "Les Monts d’Olmes" (1500 Ã 2000 m)
- 30 min from "Foix" and its castle, from "Tarascon-sur-AriÃ¨ge" and prehistoric caves (Niaux...).
- 45 min from the old city of "Carcassonne"
- 1h from Toulouse
- 1h45 from the mediterranean sea (Narbonne, Perpignan...) or Andora !